Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Parody On How We Pray

"Dear God, thank you for all you have done for me. I hope you can insure that I get that promotion. I need it more than Rahul does. If I get that promotion I will offer you a coconut and do a fast..."


"Dear God, please, please, please; make me pass this time. I swear I'll study more next time if you pass me. I'll never ask you to do this ever again so please do this just once..."


"Dear God, you know my son isn't interested in marriage though we have shown him pictures of so many beautiful girls. Please make him agree to get settled and he should not have any girlfriend or be interested in men. Please make me get a good 'bahu' who will look after him and the house well..."


"Dear God, I asked for a remote-control car or Christmas but all I got was a train set. Do make sure I get it as a birthday gift..."


"Dear God, my girlfriend is mad at me. I have tried everything but she says she wants to break-up. Please do not let her do so. I will die without her and you wouldn't want that to happen so please make her come back..."


Dear God, most of our prayers are a series of demands and effusions of thanks leading to still, more demands. No surprise that many a time, God doesn't seem to be listening. Are prayers supposed to only contain thanks or requests? Or have we been sold on to that idea?


Your turn to decide.       

No comments:

Post a Comment